Circulation of Materials Policy
To meet the various needs of library customers, Anderson Public Library maintains circulating collections of books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, compact discs, videogames, and mobile devices. The normal loan period is 28 days, although the loan period may be varied for materials in high demand. Limits may be set on the number of items borrowed for materials in high demand or for different borrower types.
See the Circulation of Materials Guidelines
for more information.
1. Customers who do not have their Library card with them may borrow materials with current photo identification.
2. Borrowing privileges are suspended for customers with any overdue items, accrued fees over $2.00, or fees of any amount over three months old.
3. Fees over three months old must be paid in full to reinstate borrowing privileges.
4. Accounts with unpaid fees of over $10.00 may be sent to an outside agency for collection.
5. Any fees related to non-sufficient fund checks returned to the library will be added to the customer’s account.
6. Customers must be fourteen years of age or older to borrow video games or compact discs from the adult music collection.
7. Customers must be eighteen years of age or older to borrow DVDs or Leapfrog Tag and Tag Jr. sets.
8. Customers must be eighteen years of age or older to borrow mobile devices.
Adopted 6/17/98; revised 1/00, 1/02, 10/06, 1/07, 1/08, 1/09, 3/09, 8/09, 1/10, 9/10, 1/11, and 1/18/12